Sunday, March 21, 2010

social media producer!!!!!

Social media producer.

Such an iffy dubious term.

I’m actually more psyched than expected about this gig, and have been trying to rack my brains over how to dazzle and wow people into going onto mytribe, and participating in our little diabolical experiment.

unfortunately, the flu robbed me of my zest and i skipped last week’s class. big huge ass mistake. i went from on-top-of-things to lagging behind playing catchup.

sorry, jess, it’s my bad.

i had this nutcase idea to approach my favorite australian vloggers and ask them if they would like to collab on mytribe. some of their work is pretty fantastic, and we need people like these, the grassroots movement where it’s bottom-up driven, and not dicated by some ominiscent god of media.

Here’s communitychannel aka natalie:

And thehill88, aka catalin

Ok I got a thing for cute aussie girls. So sue me.

my other idea is approaching my old school lecturers back in singapore, at ngee ann poly’s school of media, and try to work out an arrangement with them to collaborate on a volunteer basis.

i also have a couple of professional photographers and media professionals that might be interested in putting contributions down onto mytribe, so that is three groups of potential victims, no, I mean “volunteers” for our cause.

the best way we can recruit people is to create buzz around the mytribe project.

Buzz = eyeballs.

I was thinking we can start a ‘who is my tribe?’ campaign, provoking people to think about their identities, sense of belonging, and post them in video format up onto our website or a video-sharing site like youtube, with links back to mytribe.

this sort of recruitment drive might reach a larger audience than just talking to friends of a friend of a dogwalker we used to know back in high school while on weed.

and maintaining that level of communication is important. We should try to keep in email, msn and facebook contact, and try to give feedback as pseudo-professionals on their contributions.

their contributions can range from simply logging on to the site and viewing others’ work or contributing themselves to mytribe HQ and work-in-progress.

Interaction amongst the members would also be a good aim, forming a real community, instead of isolated relationships between members and us.

a real community can accomplish so much. look at this. a bunch of students collaborated on a googledoc and produce this awesome video....

To start us off, I would like to contribute a series of photographs on the idea of tribe, and how that fits into the modern 21st century society. These photos can act as seeding material, to be morphed, commented on, or even just to inspire others.

I like to start a youtube account, linking back to mytribe, and start making videos exploring the idea of identity and tribalism, aiming to provoke a response from youtube.

a sort of viral campaign. (see below for awesome example)

honestly, I don’t know if all these ideas will work.

And I don’t know whether I am biting more than I can chew.

i really need help with the timeline, and I’ll continue working on the personal goals bit, because I’m still a little fuzzy about the whole mytribe project.

No comments:

Post a Comment